All of Bronagh Kennedy's Limited Edition Prints and Open Edition Art Prints are professionally printed to order in the U.K. using a high quality printing process called Giclée Printing. Giclée (pronounced ‘Zhee-klay’) derives from French and means ‘to spray’ or ‘to squirt’ and in modern production of Giclee prints refers to ink sprayed from a highly specialised large format printers.
Giclee prints are high quality, high resolution art prints printed on professional Epson Printers using archival Ultrachrome HD inks that will not fade so your print will last a lifetime.
This fine art digital printing process produces soft, rich colours and Giclée art prints are commonly found in museums, art galleries, and photographic exhibitions.
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All Bronagh Kennedy LIMITED EDITION PRINTS come with a signed Certificate of Authenticity and are all personally numbered, signed and titled by Bronagh, your proof that you have purchased a genuine art print.
Whilst we make every effort to present a true colour likeness of all our prints please remember that colour reproduction can differ, depending on the computer monitor you are using the colour on the screen might differ slightly from the actual print you receive.
PAPER SIZES AND FRAMING
We produce our limited edition prints and art prints in a variety of sizes and formats (please refer to individual product descriptions) and all are formatted to fit within standard frame sizes that are readily available on the high street and online. We would love to be able to offer you a framed print service but as a small independent it is not viable for us to stock a wide range of prints.
TIPS FOR UNWRAPPING AND CARING FOR YOUR PRINT.
1. Firstly remove any tape from the packaging and place away from the package to endure it does not stick to the print.
2. To avoid damage, handle the print with clean, dry hands or white cotton gloves. The oils from your hands can affect the PH of the paper and reduce the archival qualities.
3. Carefully remove the print from the cellophane wrap ensuring that the sticky side of the cellophane does not touch the print. If unwrapping a rolled print carefully slide the print out of the tube and remove the outer paper sleeve before carefully unrolling the prints and tissue.
4. Be gentle and use both hands to handle the print to prevent it from bending; any crease on the paper will be permanent.
5. Don't rub your print or touch the inked surface of the paper as this could mark or scuff the image.
6. It is advised that you do not use the cardboard materials that your print has been posted in to store your artwork for any prolonged period of time as these materials are not archival. We recommend that you have your artwork framed as soon as possible to avoid any damage during storage.
7. When framing please ensure that you use only acid free archival framing and mounting products and do not place you print in direct sunlight. All our ready mounted prints come with acid free mounts and backing boards, ready to be placed directly into a standard sized frame.
8. We do not recommend hanging or storing your artwork in the basement attic or any other place with extremes in temperature and humidity. A stable cool dry environment is best. Avoid hanging your print in direct sunlight to protect the inks.
9. Please, remember that our Giclee fine art prints are not posters. These artworks are of the highest archival quality but also very gentle therefore we recommend that you frame your prints as soon as possible, ideally in a UV protective, acid free framing materials.
10. Thank you for purchasing your Bronagh Kennedy Limited Edition Print and we hope you enjoy your new purchase.